“TRANSFORM YOUR HEALTH WITH FOOD AS MEDICINE: KEYNOTE SPEAKER MARK HYMAN, MD, A PIONEER IN FUNCTIONAL MEDICINE AND BEST-SELLING AUTHOR”
Dr. Mark Hyman is a renowned leader in the fields of Functional Medicine and nutrition, has turned his passion for real food, nutrition, and wellness into activism, working to change our food system on a global scale. Through his work to change policy for the betterment of public health, Dr. Hyman has testified before the Senate Working Group on Health Care Reform on Functional Medicine, consulted with the surgeon general on diabetes prevention, and participated in the 2009 White House Forum on Prevention and Wellness.
Dr. Hyman’s expertise has been recognised on a global stage, with presentations at the Clinton Foundation’s Health Matters, Achieving Wellness in Every Generation conference, the Clinton Global Initiative, the World Economic Forum on global health issues, TEDMED, and TEDx. He has been the winner of the Linus Pauling Award and the Nantucket Project Award, as well as the recipient of the Christian Book of the Year Award for his work on The Daniel Plan, a faith-based initiative that helped Saddleback Church collectively lose 250,000 pounds that he created with Rick Warren, Dr. Mehmet Oz, and Dr. Daniel Amen.
Dr. Hyman’s dedication to promoting wellness has led him to be inducted into the Books for Better Life Hall of Fame, and to help introduce the Take Back Your Health Act of 2009 to the United States Senate, which promotes reimbursement for lifestyle treatment of chronic disease. In 2015, he also helped introduce the ENRICH Act into Congress to fund nutrition in medical education. Dr. Hyman has played a substantial role in the major 2014 film Fed Up, produced by Laurie David and Katie Couric, which addresses childhood obesity.
Join Dr. Hyman in his mission to change our food system and promote wellness on a global scale
For Mark’s Full Bio see below.
- Functional Medicine
- Don’t Treat Disease, Create Health
- The UltraMind Solution, Healthy Body, Happy Mind
These are just some of the topics that have proven valuable to customers in the past and are meant only to suggest Mark’s range and interests. For more information on these topics let us know. Mark researches each and every company he speaks to and for and the final topic is always finalised that works best for the needs of the audience.
- Food Fix: How to Save Our Health, Our Economy, Our Communities, and Our Planet—One Bite at a Time
- The UltraMind Solution: Fix Your Broken Brain by Healing Your Body First
- The Blood Sugar Solution 10-Day Detox Diet: Activate Your Body’s Natural Ability to Burn Fat and Lose Weight Fast
- Eat Fat, Get Thin: Why the Fat We Eat Is the Key to Sustained Weight Loss and Vibrant Health
- The UltraSimple Diet: Kick-Start Your Metabolism and Safely Lose Up to 10 Pounds in 7 Days
- The Daniel Plan: 40 Days to a Healthier Life
- The Blood Sugar Solution: The UltraHealthy Program for Losing Weight, Preventing Disease, and Feeling Great Now!
- The Pegan Diet: 21 Practical Principles for Reclaiming Your Health in a Nutritionally Confusing World
- UltraMetabolism: The Simple Plan for Automatic Weight Loss
- The UltraPrevention Workbook: The Ultimate Guide to Disease Prevention
- Founder and director of The UltraWellness Center
- Founder and Senior Advisor for the Cleveland Clinic Centre for Functional Medicine.
- Board President for Clinical Affairs for The Institute for Functional Medicine.
- He is the founder and chairman of the Food Fix Campaign, dedicated to transforming our food and agriculture system through policy.
- Co-Founder and the Chief Medical Officer of Function Health.
“Unlocking the Power of Functional Medicine: Keynote Speaker Mark Hyman, MD, Shares his Expertise in Health and Nutrition Advocacy”
Mark Hyman, MD, is a leader in the field of Functional Medicine, a board-certified family physician, and an internationally recognised speaker, educator, and advocate. Dr. Hyman has dedicated his life to helping people discover optimal health by addressing the root causes of chronic disease through the power of Functional Medicine and nutrition.
As the founder and director of The UltraWellness Centre, Senior Advisor for the Cleveland Clinic Centre for Functional Medicine, and Board President for Clinical Affairs for The Institute for Functional Medicine, Dr. Hyman is a respected authority in his field. He is also a fourteen-time New York Times best-selling author, with his latest book, “The Pegan Diet,” topping the charts.
Dr. Hyman is a sought-after speaker and has presented at numerous prestigious events, including the Clinton Global Initiative and the World Economic Forum. He is also the host of The Doctor’s Farmacy, one of the leading health podcasts with over 150 million downloads.
Through his work, Dr. Hyman has had a significant impact on public health policy, testifying before the Senate Working Group on Health Care Reform on Functional Medicine and consulting with the surgeon general on diabetes prevention. He has also been a guest co-host on The Dr. Oz Show and a regular medical contributor to CBS This Morning, Today, Good Morning America, The View, and CNN.
Dr. Hyman’s dedication to promoting the power of food as medicine has earned him numerous awards, including the Linus Pauling Award and the Nantucket Project Award. He was also inducted into the Books for Better Life Hall of Fame for his contributions to health and wellness literature.
If you want your audience to learn more about Functional Medicine and the power of food as medicine, have Dr. Hyman speak at your next event, he will advise your audience on how to unlock the potential of Functional Medicine to transform lives and promote optimal health.
PLANNING AN EVENT?
For more information on this speaker, contact Oration Speakers directly.