Keynote Speaker Category: Business, Leadership,
Innovation from Everyone, Every Day
Build Creative Capital
Re-tool The Management Model
Building an Evolutionary Advantage
Busting Bureaucracy, For Good
For more than a decade, Gary Hamel has been helping progressive-minded organisations “uninstall” bureaucracy. Doing so requires three things…
- Motivation: Organizations get serious about busting bureaucracy when they start to measure its hidden costs. Every organization needs to calculate its BMI—“Bureaucracy Mass Index.”
- Models: It’s hard to begin a journey when you can’t imagine the destination. Luckily, the post-bureaucratic pioneers help point us in the right direction.
- Migration: You don’t build a post-bureaucratic organization with a grand, top-down change program. Instead, you must build migration paths by launching many small, yet radical, experiments designed to test and refine new, “post-bureaucratic” practices. The payoff: an organization that is flat, open and free.
“HR Innovation and Future of Work” (March, 2020) | Gary Hamel
Gary Hamel is the author of Humanocracy . alongside Michele Zanini.
During this time of upheaval, top-down power structures and rule-choked management systems are a liability, they crush creativity and stifle initiative. Leaders, employees, investors and citizens, deserve better. Hamel argues that organisations that are bold, entrepreneurial and nimble will be the changemakers during these current challenging times.
Gary Hamel is one of the world’s most influential and iconoclastic business thinkers. He has worked with leading companies across the globe and is a dynamic and sought-after management speaker. Hamel has been on the faculty of the London Business School for more than 30 years and is the director of the Management Innovation eXchange.
Fortune magazine describes Hamel as “the world’s leading expert on business strategy,” and the Financial Times calls him a “management innovator without peer.” Hamel has been ranked by The Wall Street Journal as the world’s most influential business thinker and is a fellow of the Strategic Management Society and of the World Economic Forum
Hamel has written for the Harvard Business Review and is the most reprinted author in the Review’s history. His landmark books have been translated into more than 25 languages. His most recent bestsellers are The Future of Management and What Matters Now. In these volumes, Hamel presents an impassioned plea for reinventing management and lays out a practical blueprint for building organizations that are “fit for the future.”
Hamel’s groundbreaking concepts such as “strategic intent,” “core competence,” “industry revolution,” and “management innovation,” have changed the language and practice of management in organisations around the globe.
Hamel’s work inside of organisations has been equally pioneering. Highlights include:
- Building one of the world’s first “idea markets” inside a global energy leader.
- Using crowdsourcing to help a European high- tech company build a game-changing strategy.
- Orchestrating a comprehensive effort to turn a venerable durable goods manufacturer into one of the world’s most innovative companies.
- Helping a leading Korean company re-engineer its management practices around the principles of openness, community and meritocracy.
- Designing and deploying an online platform that allowed the employees of a top fashion house to share and develop ideas for strengthening their company’s core values.
- Developing innovation tools and platforms that have helped companies around the world de-commoditize mature industries and accelerate growth.
- Running an online “hackathon” in which more than 1,700 senior executives collaborated to reinvent the HR function.
In his work, Hamel has led transformational efforts in some of the world’s most notable companies and has helped to create billions of dollars in shareholder value.
He is one of the world’s most sought-after management speakers on the topics of strategy, leadership, innovation and change.
PLANNING AN EVENT?
For more information on this speaker, contact Oration Speakers directly.