Keynote Speaker Category: Innovation, Leadership, Technology, TEDX,
Robert Safian is the former Editor-in-Chief and Managing Director of the influential, award-winning business magazine Fast Company, the world’s leading progressive business media brand, with a unique editorial focus on innovation, technology and leadership. Written for, by, and about the most creative business leaders, Fast Company inspires people to think beyond traditional boundaries and embrace a future that is evolving more rapidly than ever.
Fast Company has received numerous accolades, under Safian’s leadership, including the highly coveted National Magazine Award for Magazine of the Year in 2014. Safian was named Editor of the Year by Adweek in 2009. He also served as an executive editor for Time and Fortune and headed Money as its chief editor for six years.
Safian is now the Founder of the Flux group, a media, insights and strategic advisory firm. The Flux group encourage businesses and business people to act as vehicles for progress.
Safian is constantly translating what is cutting-edge to the mainstream. By presenting stories of the people behind innovative business thinking, he provides hope to millions of talented professionals, entrepreneurs and leaders that meaningful change is possible. He is a leading voice in the Innovation Economy, propelled by a reputation for near-clairvoyant prediction. He was the first editor to put Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg on a magazine cover and covered Airbnb, Netflix and Uber long before they were household names.
In addition, he moderates several ground-breaking business gatherings, including The Innovation Festival in New York City and the Creativity-Counter Conference in Los Angeles. He has also conducted onstage interviews with many of the world’s most intriguing leaders including Serena Williams, Chelsea Clinton, Princess Reema Bint Bandour of Saudi Arabia, Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, as well as CEOs of Pepsico, Chobani, Pixar, Nike, Under Armour, J Crew, Warby Parker etc.
He has been a keynote presenter at events ranging from SxSW Interactive to the United Nation’s Global Accelerators Council, the National Retail Federation’s “Big Show” to the Cannes Lions Advertising Festival. He is a frequent guest on CBS, CNN, CNBC, MSNBC and other TV networks.
In addition to all of Safian’s wide experiences, pool of knowledge, and deft storytelling skills, he is also warm, approachable, and an expert at working with event organisers to personalise his presentations for each audience.
- Former editor and managing director of Fast Company.
- Safian was named 2009 Editor of the Year by Adweek.
- Recognised as 2008 Innovator of the Year by B-2-B Media.
- Under his leadership, Fast Company has received numerous accolades.
- A 2011 winner of a National Magazine award, a three-time National Magazine Award finalist, two-time winner of Magazine of the Year from the Society of Business Editors and Writers.
- Twice honoured with the prestigious Gerald R. Loeb Award for Distinguished Business Journalism, among many others.
- The publication was named to the Ad Age A-list in 2008.
- For three consecutive years, to the Adweek Hot List.
- Safian came to Fast Company in 2007 from Fortune, where he served as executive editor. Prior to that, he was an executive editor at Time and headed Money as its managing editor for six years.